If you are planning to replace your kitchen cabinets, you have two choices when it comes to the supplies needed. You can choose to purchase the supplies on your own or you can have your contractor purchase them for you. There are pros and cons to both, but this article is not going to delve into that.
If you are planning to redo your kitchen cabinets yourself, then this buying checklist is perfect for you and will help you keep on track and purchase the right materials.
- Start with a Budget
The first thing you want to do is come up with a budget and write this number down at the top of your checklist. Your budget is important because you do not want to overspend on your kitchen cabinets, otherwise, you may find later on down the road that it was a mistake. Placing the number at the top of the checklist will help keep you in check as you shop around for materials.
- Decide on a Material for Your Cabinets
This is one of the toughest decisions you will make, but your budget will help keep you in check here as well. There are many different types of materials for your kitchen cabinets and you can choose from particle board to real wood and everything in between.
If you need to be cost conscious, determine whether or not laminate is an option for you. It is less expensive than the wood variety and looks nice in kitchens.
- Choose the Style and Colour for Your Cabinets
The next thing on the list is naturally the colour and style of your cabinets. There are some colours and styles that will cost more than others, but you should base your decision on your preference and what works within your budget. For example, you may have chosen a less expensive material, which will leave you with plenty leftover to have the cabinets stained the colour of your choice.
Also, keep in mind that many of the specialized styles such as glass will add to the cost of the cabinet as well.
If you are having someone install your kitchen cabinets for you, get some price quotes, as this will likely be the most expensive part of the whole process. If you plan to do the installation yourself, you will need to shop around for the tools to get the job done. You want to make sure you are fully prepared and can complete the job in a timely manner.
If you do choose to have someone install the kitchen cabinets for you, decide how much of the job you need them to do. For instance, you may only need them to do the installation and not the removal of your old cabinets.
If you are having your kitchen cabinets replaced, make sure that you take this checklist with you when you go shopping for the supplies. You want to remain within your budget without going overboard and keeping this list on hand will help you.
If you are interested in DIY projects or hiring the best contractors to handle replacing your kitchen cabinets, call Kitchen & Bath today!
Additional Articles about Kitchen Cabinets:
- 5 Storage Solutions for Kitchen Renovations
- All you Need to Know About Kitchen Cabinets
- DIY: Paint Kitchen Cabinets Like a Pro
- How to Get a Trendy Kitchen That Won’t Soon Be Outdated
- How to Select the Perfect Cabinet
- Important Questions to Ask When Shopping for Kitchen Cabinets
- Kitchen Cabinets: 7 Important Things to Know
- Kitchen Cabinets: You Don’t Have to Start from Scratch
- Kitchen Hardware
- Kitchen Remodelling: Cabinet Door Styles 101
- Light or Dark Kitchen Cabinets?
- Modern VS Old: Managing Contemporary Styles
- Redoing Your Kitchen Cabinets? 5 Trends to Know About
- Remodelling 101: Creating an Efficient Kitchen Space
- Shaker Cabinets: The Perfect Choice for All Kitchen Styles
- Should I Hire a Professional for My Kitchen Design?
- Simple Solutions for A Flawless Cabinet Installation
- Storage Solutions for Your Kitchen Made Simple
- The Benefits of Custom Designed Kitchen Cabinets
- Treasured Freatures: Cabinet Storage Trends in 2016
- Yes! You CAN Have Light Kitchen Cabinets and Dark Floors!
- What to Consider When Buying Kitchen Cabinets
- Kitchen Cabinets Designs: Which is Right for You
- Tips for Staining Kitchen Cabinets
- Cleaning and Caring for Kitchen Cabinets
- How to Choose Contractor for Kitchen Cabinet Installation
- Choosing Kitchen Cabinets: Stock or Custom
- Kitchen Cabinet Colour Schemes & Finishes
- Benefits of Ready to Assemble Kitchen Cabinets
- Tips for Choosing High Quality Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Timeless Colour Combos for your Kitchen cabinet
- 7 Ways to Maximize Storage Space in your Kitchen Cabinets
- 8 Mistakes you want to avoid while painting kitchen cabinets
- Choosing a Kitchen Cabinet Material: A Simple Guide
- Budgeting for your kitchen cabinets
- Cabinet Door Styles to spruce up your kitchen
- Painting your Kitchen cabinets
- The A2Z of Kitchen Cabinetry – Part 1
- The A2Z of Kitchen Cabinetry – Part 2
- The Complete Guide to Refacing your Kitchen Cabinets
- Things to ask your Custom Kitchen Cabinet Maker
- Care and Maintenance Tips for Your Kitchen Cabinets
- Adding More Cabinets to Your Kitchen
- Re-facing Your Tired Kitchen Cabinets
- Painting Your Kitchen Cabinets to Update the Look
- Why You Need to Update Your Kitchen Cabinets
- The Best Way to Clean Your Kitchen Cabinets
- Refreshing Your Kitchen Cabinets
- Ways to Update Your Kitchen Cabinets
- Are You Getting the Most Out of Your Kitchen Cabinet Space
- Are Your Kitchen Cabinets Making Your Kitchen Look Old and Drab
- Benefits of Choosing Custom Kitchen Cabinets
- Add 5 These Features to Your Kitchen Cabinets
- Painting Your Kitchen Cabinets Doesn’t Have to Be Hard: Tips to Help
- Learn How to Paint Your Kitchen Cabinets: The 101 Guide
- Your Kitchen Cabinet Buying Checklist
- Your Kitchen Cabinet Guide: What to Know and Look For
- Signs You Need to Replace Your Cabinets and Not Reface Them
- Beautiful Kitchen Cabinets: Door and Drawer Options
- Things to Consider When Choosing Kitchen Cabinet Pulls and Knobs