Perhaps you’re getting tired of your current kitchen. Maybe you’ve lived in your Toronto home for many years and you’re simply ready for an update. Or maybe you’ve purchased a new home and the kitchen doesn’t quite match your style. It can be frustrating when you’re ready for an update and don’t want to spend the time or money to completely remodel.
The good news is that you can refresh your kitchen and give it a completely different vibe without spending a lot of time or large amounts of money. To do this, simply change the hardware! It may sound too simple, but a change in cabinet and drawer hardware really can make your kitchen look completely different.
Hardware for Every Style
It can be tough to imagine what your kitchen could look like with new hardware, so here are a few ideas of the style you’ll achieve with different knobs and pulls. The great thing about trying new hardware is that it’s not a major commitment. You can purchase a few different ones, take them home and try them out, and if you don’t like certain ones, return them and exchange them for the ones that work best.
If you prefer a more traditional style, crystal knobs will work perfectly. If you have ornate cabinetry, hardware that’s topped with crystal will look beautiful without taking away from the fine-carved details of the woodwork of the cabinets themselves. They’ll allow light to shine through, making them sparkle and glow.
You can get a throwback look for your kitchen without scouring antique stores by trying copper hardware on your cabinets. These knobs and pulls are artificially distressed and made to look old. They look beautiful on a variety of cabinets, but they will especially pop when paired with white cabinets—giving them a true vintage style.
Some Toronto homeowners want to go for a worn, rustic look in their kitchens. If you’ve worked to achieve this style in the cabinets themselves, it’s especially important to make sure the hardware reflects it, as well. Look for hardware in a hammered-metal style (such as hammered iron) that gives it a beaten, weathered look. Even if your cabinets look brand-new, pairing them with rustic knobs and pulls will give them an interesting, time-worn feel.
Sleek, contemporary kitchens are becoming increasingly popular these days. Many homeowners want minimalist kitchens with clean lines—both because of the way they look and because such kitchens are easy to care for and clean. For this style of kitchen, tubular pulls are perfect. These can be installed horizontally to be used as drawer pulls, as well as vertically to be used on cabinets. Stainless steel, brushed nickel, or bright chrome—there are drawer pulls available in a variety of modern finishes.
Changing from Handles to Knobs (and Vice-Versa)
Although making the switch from old kitchen handles to a new set of knobs isn’t a huge change in the grand scheme of things, there may be more involved than simply grabbing a screwdriver and removing a few screws. Especially if you’re changing the kind of hardware that’s on your cabinetry, you may end up with existing holes that are in the completely wrong place for the new hardware you’d like to install.
This problem can be easily overcome with using wood filler to fill in unneeded holes. Next, you’ll need to carefully sand and paint over the holes—rendering them invisible. Finally, you’re ready to install your new hardware!
The team at Kitchen and Bath is ready to help you with the process of installing new kitchen hardware. Contact them at 905 581-3762 and have all of your questions answered today.
Additional Articles about Kitchen Cabinets:
- 5 Storage Solutions for Kitchen Renovations
- All you Need to Know About Kitchen Cabinets
- DIY: Paint Kitchen Cabinets Like a Pro
- How to Get a Trendy Kitchen That Won’t Soon Be Outdated
- How to Select the Perfect Cabinet
- Important Questions to Ask When Shopping for Kitchen Cabinets
- Kitchen Cabinets: 7 Important Things to Know
- Kitchen Cabinets: You Don’t Have to Start from Scratch
- Kitchen Hardware
- Kitchen Remodelling: Cabinet Door Styles 101
- Light or Dark Kitchen Cabinets?
- Modern VS Old: Managing Contemporary Styles
- Redoing Your Kitchen Cabinets? 5 Trends to Know About
- Remodelling 101: Creating an Efficient Kitchen Space
- Shaker Cabinets: The Perfect Choice for All Kitchen Styles
- Should I Hire a Professional for My Kitchen Design?
- Simple Solutions for A Flawless Cabinet Installation
- Storage Solutions for Your Kitchen Made Simple
- The Benefits of Custom Designed Kitchen Cabinets
- Treasured Freatures: Cabinet Storage Trends in 2016
- Yes! You CAN Have Light Kitchen Cabinets and Dark Floors!
- What to Consider When Buying Kitchen Cabinets
- Kitchen Cabinets Designs: Which is Right for You
- Tips for Staining Kitchen Cabinets
- Cleaning and Caring for Kitchen Cabinets
- How to Choose Contractor for Kitchen Cabinet Installation
- Choosing Kitchen Cabinets: Stock or Custom
- Kitchen Cabinet Colour Schemes & Finishes
- Benefits of Ready to Assemble Kitchen Cabinets
- Tips for Choosing High Quality Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Timeless Colour Combos for your Kitchen cabinet
- 7 Ways to Maximize Storage Space in your Kitchen Cabinets
- 8 Mistakes you want to avoid while painting kitchen cabinets
- Choosing a Kitchen Cabinet Material: A Simple Guide
- Budgeting for your kitchen cabinets
- Cabinet Door Styles to spruce up your kitchen
- Painting your Kitchen cabinets
- The A2Z of Kitchen Cabinetry – Part 1
- The A2Z of Kitchen Cabinetry – Part 2
- The Complete Guide to Refacing your Kitchen Cabinets
- Things to ask your Custom Kitchen Cabinet Maker
- Care and Maintenance Tips for Your Kitchen Cabinets
- Adding More Cabinets to Your Kitchen
- Re-facing Your Tired Kitchen Cabinets
- Painting Your Kitchen Cabinets to Update the Look
- Why You Need to Update Your Kitchen Cabinets
- The Best Way to Clean Your Kitchen Cabinets
- Refreshing Your Kitchen Cabinets
- Ways to Update Your Kitchen Cabinets
- Are You Getting the Most Out of Your Kitchen Cabinet Space
- Are Your Kitchen Cabinets Making Your Kitchen Look Old and Drab
- Benefits of Choosing Custom Kitchen Cabinets
- Add 5 These Features to Your Kitchen Cabinets
- Painting Your Kitchen Cabinets Doesn’t Have to Be Hard: Tips to Help
- Learn How to Paint Your Kitchen Cabinets: The 101 Guide
- Your Kitchen Cabinet Buying Checklist
- Your Kitchen Cabinet Guide: What to Know and Look For
- Signs You Need to Replace Your Cabinets and Not Reface Them
- Beautiful Kitchen Cabinets: Door and Drawer Options
- Things to Consider When Choosing Kitchen Cabinet Pulls and Knobs