Before you start replacing your kitchen cabinets, you will first need to choose the cabinets that you want to use. There are some things that you should look for when you are shopping for your cabinets and these things will help ensure that you choose the right ones for your kitchen. Let’s take a look at what those things are below.
- Settle on a Colour
To help minimize all of the cabinet choice you have, try to decide on a colour first. If you are able to narrow down what colour kitchen cabinets you want, you will be able to eliminate any options where that colour or style of wood is not available.
- Choose a Brand That’s Certified
When you shop for kitchen cabinets, make sure to look for a brand that is certified. The certification you are looking for is from the Kitchen Cabinet Manufacturers Association. What this certification means to you is that the cabinets are guaranteed to last over many years of wear and tear, they can be exposed to humidity, hold up to acidic food splatters, and that they do not warp with temperature or water exposure.
- Look at the Features of the Cabinets
When it comes time to settle on kitchen cabinets, look for the features that are offered with the cabinets. For example, some cabinets can be customized with pull-out drawers and lighting to help improve visibility and function within the kitchen. Not all kitchen cabinets come with these features, so you want to spend some time looking at your options and deciding what it is that you want.
- Choose the Right Hardware
If you plan to install your own kitchen cabinets, then you need to make sure that you are choosing the right hardware and screws that correspond to your cabinets. If you make the wrong choice, you may find that your kitchen cabinets do not hold well in the wall or your hardware will look mismatched and out of place.
- Consider Additional Style Choices
Now that you have looked at the features of the cabinets and chosen a colour, it is now time to consider all of your style choices. For example, do you want to have glass cabinet doors or solid wood cabinet doors? These choices need to be made and will make a big difference in your kitchen. To make this decision easier on you, you should consider the look you want to achieve and then make your style choices based off of that.
- Think about Warranties
Many new kitchen cabinets will come with a warranty, but some may not. If you are looking for that extra peace of mind and protection, then choose a brand or manufacturer that offers a warranty to you.
If you are thinking about starting a kitchen renovation and replacing your kitchen cabinets, contact the professionals at Kitchen & Bath today. We are always available to help you with your kitchen!
Additional Articles about Kitchen Cabinets:
- 5 Storage Solutions for Kitchen Renovations
- All you Need to Know About Kitchen Cabinets
- DIY: Paint Kitchen Cabinets Like a Pro
- How to Get a Trendy Kitchen That Won’t Soon Be Outdated
- How to Select the Perfect Cabinet
- Important Questions to Ask When Shopping for Kitchen Cabinets
- Kitchen Cabinets: 7 Important Things to Know
- Kitchen Cabinets: You Don’t Have to Start from Scratch
- Kitchen Hardware
- Kitchen Remodelling: Cabinet Door Styles 101
- Light or Dark Kitchen Cabinets?
- Modern VS Old: Managing Contemporary Styles
- Redoing Your Kitchen Cabinets? 5 Trends to Know About
- Remodelling 101: Creating an Efficient Kitchen Space
- Shaker Cabinets: The Perfect Choice for All Kitchen Styles
- Should I Hire a Professional for My Kitchen Design?
- Simple Solutions for A Flawless Cabinet Installation
- Storage Solutions for Your Kitchen Made Simple
- The Benefits of Custom Designed Kitchen Cabinets
- Treasured Freatures: Cabinet Storage Trends in 2016
- Yes! You CAN Have Light Kitchen Cabinets and Dark Floors!
- What to Consider When Buying Kitchen Cabinets
- Kitchen Cabinets Designs: Which is Right for You
- Tips for Staining Kitchen Cabinets
- Cleaning and Caring for Kitchen Cabinets
- How to Choose Contractor for Kitchen Cabinet Installation
- Choosing Kitchen Cabinets: Stock or Custom
- Kitchen Cabinet Colour Schemes & Finishes
- Benefits of Ready to Assemble Kitchen Cabinets
- Tips for Choosing High Quality Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Timeless Colour Combos for your Kitchen cabinet
- 7 Ways to Maximize Storage Space in your Kitchen Cabinets
- 8 Mistakes you want to avoid while painting kitchen cabinets
- Choosing a Kitchen Cabinet Material: A Simple Guide
- Budgeting for your kitchen cabinets
- Cabinet Door Styles to spruce up your kitchen
- Painting your Kitchen cabinets
- The A2Z of Kitchen Cabinetry – Part 1
- The A2Z of Kitchen Cabinetry – Part 2
- The Complete Guide to Refacing your Kitchen Cabinets
- Things to ask your Custom Kitchen Cabinet Maker
- Care and Maintenance Tips for Your Kitchen Cabinets
- Adding More Cabinets to Your Kitchen
- Re-facing Your Tired Kitchen Cabinets
- Painting Your Kitchen Cabinets to Update the Look
- Why You Need to Update Your Kitchen Cabinets
- The Best Way to Clean Your Kitchen Cabinets
- Refreshing Your Kitchen Cabinets
- Ways to Update Your Kitchen Cabinets
- Are You Getting the Most Out of Your Kitchen Cabinet Space
- Are Your Kitchen Cabinets Making Your Kitchen Look Old and Drab
- Benefits of Choosing Custom Kitchen Cabinets
- Add 5 These Features to Your Kitchen Cabinets
- Painting Your Kitchen Cabinets Doesn’t Have to Be Hard: Tips to Help
- Learn How to Paint Your Kitchen Cabinets: The 101 Guide
- Your Kitchen Cabinet Buying Checklist
- Your Kitchen Cabinet Guide: What to Know and Look For
- Signs You Need to Replace Your Cabinets and Not Reface Them
- Beautiful Kitchen Cabinets: Door and Drawer Options
- Things to Consider When Choosing Kitchen Cabinet Pulls and Knobs