If you are short of space in your kitchen, then get ready to bump elbows and spend 15 minutes every day trying to find the kitchen knife. Well, maybe not. But, what looks like a cute and cosy place in theory can quickly turn into a homemaker’s nightmare, especially if you have a large family where multiple people work in the kitchen at the same time.
That’s where Kitchen cabinets come into play. With some smart thinking and handy accessories, you can quickly turn even the most cramped kitchen space into an organized and efficient working space.
Here’s our pick of 5 kitchen accessories that are desirable in any kitchen setup but an absolute ‘must have’ if you have a smallish kitchen gasping for more space.
Base Mixer Shelf: Let’s face it. Nobody likes to lift and move around the heavy base mixer. And when it’s not in use, it is a criminal waste of useful counter space. A base mixer shelf keeps the mixer neatly stored when it’s not required. And it’s accessible easily when you need to use it. Base Mixer shelves are available in a variety of sizes and fits most standard sized mixers.
Tray Dividers: Be it baking sheets, cutting boards, cooling racks or pizza pans, they all have an uncanny ability to eat up on valuable storage space. Go vertical with tray dividers that allows you to store these more efficiently. You can use these inside cabinets or even on countertops. If you intend to use them to organize your countertop storage, then opt for dividers made of vinyl coated wire for added durability.
Door Racks: The space behind your cabinet doors is usually unused and is a wonderful way to store accessories like a cutting knife or a cutting board or even a spice rack. Available in a variety of sizes, you can take your pick depending on what you wish to store behind closed doors. No pun intended.
Appliance Garage: Most stock cabinet lines have appliance garages included in them. If you have gone the custom way, then ensure that your cabinet maker includes an appliance garage with a smart vertical lift door. Goes without saying that it will keep your counter looking neat and organized and keep small appliances away when not in use.
Kick Drawers: Every kitchen has accessories like serving platters and tablecloths which are used once in an eternity but occupy valuable storage space. Make room for kick storage drawers in your kitchen remodel plans and store away things that are used rarely.
Hanging Mugs: A Dozen hooks and you are all set to utilize the space under your cabinets. Hanging your mugs makes the kitchen look more organized and is way better to look at, than a cabinet waiting to explode with stored mugs.
Corner Drawers: Even the most impossible looking corner can accommodate a custom made drawer that can be used to store spatulas, spoons and other sundry details.
All of these are creative but functional ways to improve on the efficiency of your kitchen space. There are more ideas and if you are a DIY person, then a few hacks can significantly improve the storage capability of your kitchen.
Additional Articles about Kitchen Cabinets:
- 5 Storage Solutions for Kitchen Renovations
- All you Need to Know About Kitchen Cabinets
- DIY: Paint Kitchen Cabinets Like a Pro
- How to Get a Trendy Kitchen That Won’t Soon Be Outdated
- How to Select the Perfect Cabinet
- Important Questions to Ask When Shopping for Kitchen Cabinets
- Kitchen Cabinets: 7 Important Things to Know
- Kitchen Cabinets: You Don’t Have to Start from Scratch
- Kitchen Hardware
- Kitchen Remodelling: Cabinet Door Styles 101
- Light or Dark Kitchen Cabinets?
- Modern VS Old: Managing Contemporary Styles
- Redoing Your Kitchen Cabinets? 5 Trends to Know About
- Remodelling 101: Creating an Efficient Kitchen Space
- Shaker Cabinets: The Perfect Choice for All Kitchen Styles
- Should I Hire a Professional for My Kitchen Design?
- Simple Solutions for A Flawless Cabinet Installation
- Storage Solutions for Your Kitchen Made Simple
- The Benefits of Custom Designed Kitchen Cabinets
- Treasured Freatures: Cabinet Storage Trends in 2016
- Yes! You CAN Have Light Kitchen Cabinets and Dark Floors!
- What to Consider When Buying Kitchen Cabinets
- Kitchen Cabinets Designs: Which is Right for You
- Tips for Staining Kitchen Cabinets
- Cleaning and Caring for Kitchen Cabinets
- How to Choose Contractor for Kitchen Cabinet Installation
- Choosing Kitchen Cabinets: Stock or Custom
- Kitchen Cabinet Colour Schemes & Finishes
- Benefits of Ready to Assemble Kitchen Cabinets
- Tips for Choosing High Quality Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Timeless Colour Combos for your Kitchen cabinet
- 7 Ways to Maximize Storage Space in your Kitchen Cabinets
- 8 Mistakes you want to avoid while painting kitchen cabinets
- Choosing a Kitchen Cabinet Material: A Simple Guide
- Budgeting for your kitchen cabinets
- Cabinet Door Styles to spruce up your kitchen
- Painting your Kitchen cabinets
- The A2Z of Kitchen Cabinetry – Part 1
- The A2Z of Kitchen Cabinetry – Part 2
- The Complete Guide to Refacing your Kitchen Cabinets
- Things to ask your Custom Kitchen Cabinet Maker
- Care and Maintenance Tips for Your Kitchen Cabinets
- Adding More Cabinets to Your Kitchen
- Re-facing Your Tired Kitchen Cabinets
- Painting Your Kitchen Cabinets to Update the Look
- Why You Need to Update Your Kitchen Cabinets
- The Best Way to Clean Your Kitchen Cabinets
- Refreshing Your Kitchen Cabinets
- Ways to Update Your Kitchen Cabinets
- Are You Getting the Most Out of Your Kitchen Cabinet Space
- Are Your Kitchen Cabinets Making Your Kitchen Look Old and Drab
- Benefits of Choosing Custom Kitchen Cabinets
- Add 5 These Features to Your Kitchen Cabinets
- Painting Your Kitchen Cabinets Doesn’t Have to Be Hard: Tips to Help
- Learn How to Paint Your Kitchen Cabinets: The 101 Guide
- Your Kitchen Cabinet Buying Checklist
- Your Kitchen Cabinet Guide: What to Know and Look For
- Signs You Need to Replace Your Cabinets and Not Reface Them
- Beautiful Kitchen Cabinets: Door and Drawer Options
- Things to Consider When Choosing Kitchen Cabinet Pulls and Knobs