If you thought choosing kitchen cabinets was going to be the hardest decision to your home remodeling project, you were wrong. In addition to the colour, style, and material you want your cabinets to be, you can also choose special kitchen cabinet features that will enhance your kitchen overall.
Below, we will discuss some of the most commonly chosen features and some of the features that can benefit you.
Feature 1: Appliance Garages
If you currently do not have a place to store your small appliances, they are probably shoved into your kitchen cabinets somewhere or they are sitting right on your kitchen counter creating an eyesore. Besides wasting space, your small appliances can get in the way and cause you frustration when it is time to cook or utilize your kitchen space.
Appliance garages are a great addition to any kitchen cabinetry system and they provide you with a hidden space that can store all of these small appliances that you previously did not have room for. The appliance garage simply pulls down and keeps anything you put behind the door out of sight and out of mind.
Feature 2: Roll-Out, Swing-Out, and Pull-Down Drawers
Drawers are always an issue in a kitchen and there never seems to be enough of them. If you have this problem in your kitchen, consider making use of blank space that cannot be used for other things such as a corner cabinet or the small space between your bottom cabinet and kitchen sink. You can add a tilt tray under the kitchen sink to store your sponges, gloves, and other items. You can also add swing-out, pull-down, and roll-out drawers to your cabinets.
Feature 3: Cabinet Lighting
Kitchen cabinets can be dark and hide some important items that you purchased at the grocery store. If you find that your kitchen cabinets are too dark, you can add lighting into the cabinet, which will illuminate the space and allow you to see better. You can choose from automatic lighting that activates when the cabinet is opened or you can choose manual lighting, which requires you to pull a string or flip a switch to turn on the light.
Feature 4: Slide-Out Baskets and Hidden Bins
Trash cans and recycle bins in the kitchen are not something you want on display! Besides, they can attract pests, nasty smells, and simply turn off your guests. To keep these bins out of sight, you can add slide-out baskets to your kitchen cabinets. The bin is placed inside of a cabinet so it is always hidden and only seen when you open the cabinet door.
Feature 5: Lazy Susan
Lastly, if you have a corner cabinet that you cannot make much use out of, you can add a Lazy Susan to your kitchen cabinets, which will allow you to store a wide variety of items and the Lazy Susan is easily maneuvered within the cabinet.
If you are interested in adding any of these features to your kitchen cabinets, contact the team at Kitchen & Bath today to help you.
Additional Articles about Kitchen Cabinets:
- 5 Storage Solutions for Kitchen Renovations
- All you Need to Know About Kitchen Cabinets
- DIY: Paint Kitchen Cabinets Like a Pro
- How to Get a Trendy Kitchen That Won’t Soon Be Outdated
- How to Select the Perfect Cabinet
- Important Questions to Ask When Shopping for Kitchen Cabinets
- Kitchen Cabinets: 7 Important Things to Know
- Kitchen Cabinets: You Don’t Have to Start from Scratch
- Kitchen Hardware
- Kitchen Remodelling: Cabinet Door Styles 101
- Light or Dark Kitchen Cabinets?
- Modern VS Old: Managing Contemporary Styles
- Redoing Your Kitchen Cabinets? 5 Trends to Know About
- Remodelling 101: Creating an Efficient Kitchen Space
- Shaker Cabinets: The Perfect Choice for All Kitchen Styles
- Should I Hire a Professional for My Kitchen Design?
- Simple Solutions for A Flawless Cabinet Installation
- Storage Solutions for Your Kitchen Made Simple
- The Benefits of Custom Designed Kitchen Cabinets
- Treasured Freatures: Cabinet Storage Trends in 2016
- Yes! You CAN Have Light Kitchen Cabinets and Dark Floors!
- What to Consider When Buying Kitchen Cabinets
- Kitchen Cabinets Designs: Which is Right for You
- Tips for Staining Kitchen Cabinets
- Cleaning and Caring for Kitchen Cabinets
- How to Choose Contractor for Kitchen Cabinet Installation
- Choosing Kitchen Cabinets: Stock or Custom
- Kitchen Cabinet Colour Schemes & Finishes
- Benefits of Ready to Assemble Kitchen Cabinets
- Tips for Choosing High Quality Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Timeless Colour Combos for your Kitchen cabinet
- 7 Ways to Maximize Storage Space in your Kitchen Cabinets
- 8 Mistakes you want to avoid while painting kitchen cabinets
- Choosing a Kitchen Cabinet Material: A Simple Guide
- Budgeting for your kitchen cabinets
- Cabinet Door Styles to spruce up your kitchen
- Painting your Kitchen cabinets
- The A2Z of Kitchen Cabinetry – Part 1
- The A2Z of Kitchen Cabinetry – Part 2
- The Complete Guide to Refacing your Kitchen Cabinets
- Things to ask your Custom Kitchen Cabinet Maker
- Care and Maintenance Tips for Your Kitchen Cabinets
- Adding More Cabinets to Your Kitchen
- Re-facing Your Tired Kitchen Cabinets
- Painting Your Kitchen Cabinets to Update the Look
- Why You Need to Update Your Kitchen Cabinets
- The Best Way to Clean Your Kitchen Cabinets
- Refreshing Your Kitchen Cabinets
- Ways to Update Your Kitchen Cabinets
- Are You Getting the Most Out of Your Kitchen Cabinet Space
- Are Your Kitchen Cabinets Making Your Kitchen Look Old and Drab
- Benefits of Choosing Custom Kitchen Cabinets
- Add 5 These Features to Your Kitchen Cabinets
- Painting Your Kitchen Cabinets Doesn’t Have to Be Hard: Tips to Help
- Learn How to Paint Your Kitchen Cabinets: The 101 Guide
- Your Kitchen Cabinet Buying Checklist
- Your Kitchen Cabinet Guide: What to Know and Look For
- Signs You Need to Replace Your Cabinets and Not Reface Them
- Beautiful Kitchen Cabinets: Door and Drawer Options
- Things to Consider When Choosing Kitchen Cabinet Pulls and Knobs