When looking to add a little life to your kitchen, a remodel might be seen as an extreme measure, whereas a few coats of paint often won’t quite do the job. One of the most brilliant and overlooked ways to reinvent your cooking space is by installing custom-built cabinets. They can provide the appearance of a full remodel at a fraction of the cost. This, however, is only one of the many benefits associated with commissioning personalized cabinetry. Simply modifying this one area offers a whole host of further contributions to many positive changes in your home.
No Space is Wasted
One of the most important applications of kitchen cabinets is that they are used to avoid the unnecessary wasting of space. In small houses and apartments, smart use of space is essential. Therefore, one must design their cabinets in such a way that they are capable of containing all utensils and other kitchen appliances.
Designing to Fit Your Needs
When you create a concept for your new kitchen cabinets, either with the help of an experienced designer or on your own, you truly tap into your personal style and tastes. Some often opt for a more traditional layout, preferring neutral colours, subtle hardware, and hardline squared edges. Some, however, take a more whimsical approach, incorporating bold colours, unconventional drawer shapes and hidden handles or oversized hardware. This even extends to unexpected, but not inconvenient, cabinet height placement. It’s important to express yourself in your planning.
However, drafting a layout and style is more than just the aesthetic components. The technical details are critical as well. Material choices and sources can make all the difference in the world, and should be discussed with your woodworker to determine what’s the best option for your kitchen.
Everything in its Own Place
Not all kitchens are created equal. Some kitchens have unique floor plans or large islands. Stock cabinets, however, are all created in the same mould, prompting wasted space and occasionally awkward design options. Moreover, not every appliance is built to fit into a tiny cupboard. Some mixers, cookers, and blenders take up surprisingly large amounts of storage space and having the opportunity to model storage space around them can be a blessing. This leaves your countertops clear for food preparation space, and displays a much more well-kept kitchen.
Enhance the Value of Your Home
Setting aside aesthetic value, redesigning your kitchen and its cabinets can add resale value to your home. Kitchens achieve a more sharp, sophisticated look when they are clean and organized. Proper storage and elegant design provides a great advantage in this area. When your cabinets have been crafted by a master woodworker rather than purchased from stock, they last longer with less need for frequent maintenance and replacements.
Tailor-made kitchen cabinets are typically handmade by experienced craftsmen with a focus on creating a product that is strong and durable. When commissioning Custom Designed Kitchen Cabinets, there is always the ability to choose the best materials with which to construct them. Their durability is enhanced by selecting top quality wood, rather than purchasing store-bought particle board based designs, and ensuring your cabinet creator utilizes dowels and dovetails in the cabinets’ joints. A cabinet construction specialist will also equip drawers with hidden undermount slides, for a sleeker, more sophisticated look, versus a hardware store’s stock side slide bracket.
All of these steps guarantee that the final product will be made strong enough to house large and heavy objects. Custom built cabinets are built to last and you can be assured peace of mind in knowing your purchase has been treated with care and built with precision. You can design the cabinet of your dreams, while remaining confident in the quality of your project.
Additional Articles about Kitchen Cabinets:
- 5 Storage Solutions for Kitchen Renovations
- All you Need to Know About Kitchen Cabinets
- DIY: Paint Kitchen Cabinets Like a Pro
- How to Get a Trendy Kitchen That Won’t Soon Be Outdated
- How to Select the Perfect Cabinet
- Important Questions to Ask When Shopping for Kitchen Cabinets
- Kitchen Cabinets: 7 Important Things to Know
- Kitchen Cabinets: You Don’t Have to Start from Scratch
- Kitchen Hardware
- Kitchen Remodelling: Cabinet Door Styles 101
- Light or Dark Kitchen Cabinets?
- Modern VS Old: Managing Contemporary Styles
- Redoing Your Kitchen Cabinets? 5 Trends to Know About
- Remodelling 101: Creating an Efficient Kitchen Space
- Shaker Cabinets: The Perfect Choice for All Kitchen Styles
- Should I Hire a Professional for My Kitchen Design?
- Simple Solutions for A Flawless Cabinet Installation
- Storage Solutions for Your Kitchen Made Simple
- The Benefits of Custom Designed Kitchen Cabinets
- Treasured Freatures: Cabinet Storage Trends in 2016
- Yes! You CAN Have Light Kitchen Cabinets and Dark Floors!
- What to Consider When Buying Kitchen Cabinets
- Kitchen Cabinets Designs: Which is Right for You
- Tips for Staining Kitchen Cabinets
- Cleaning and Caring for Kitchen Cabinets
- How to Choose Contractor for Kitchen Cabinet Installation
- Choosing Kitchen Cabinets: Stock or Custom
- Kitchen Cabinet Colour Schemes & Finishes
- Benefits of Ready to Assemble Kitchen Cabinets
- Tips for Choosing High Quality Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Timeless Colour Combos for your Kitchen cabinet
- 7 Ways to Maximize Storage Space in your Kitchen Cabinets
- 8 Mistakes you want to avoid while painting kitchen cabinets
- Choosing a Kitchen Cabinet Material: A Simple Guide
- Budgeting for your kitchen cabinets
- Cabinet Door Styles to spruce up your kitchen
- Painting your Kitchen cabinets
- The A2Z of Kitchen Cabinetry – Part 1
- The A2Z of Kitchen Cabinetry – Part 2
- The Complete Guide to Refacing your Kitchen Cabinets
- Things to ask your Custom Kitchen Cabinet Maker
- Care and Maintenance Tips for Your Kitchen Cabinets
- Adding More Cabinets to Your Kitchen
- Re-facing Your Tired Kitchen Cabinets
- Painting Your Kitchen Cabinets to Update the Look
- Why You Need to Update Your Kitchen Cabinets
- The Best Way to Clean Your Kitchen Cabinets
- Refreshing Your Kitchen Cabinets
- Ways to Update Your Kitchen Cabinets
- Are You Getting the Most Out of Your Kitchen Cabinet Space
- Are Your Kitchen Cabinets Making Your Kitchen Look Old and Drab
- Benefits of Choosing Custom Kitchen Cabinets
- Add 5 These Features to Your Kitchen Cabinets
- Painting Your Kitchen Cabinets Doesn’t Have to Be Hard: Tips to Help
- Learn How to Paint Your Kitchen Cabinets: The 101 Guide
- Your Kitchen Cabinet Buying Checklist
- Your Kitchen Cabinet Guide: What to Know and Look For
- Signs You Need to Replace Your Cabinets and Not Reface Them
- Beautiful Kitchen Cabinets: Door and Drawer Options
- Things to Consider When Choosing Kitchen Cabinet Pulls and Knobs