Having a cluttered kitchen is frustrating and demotivating. When you open an upper cabinet, items avalanche out onto your head. You know you’re going to have to dive into a lower cabinet and clatter around in a mountain of cookware in order to find the large pot you need for dinner. Your recipe calls for Herbes de Provence and you’re certain you bought a bottle of it a few weeks ago, but you can’t find anything in your cluttered spice rack. All of this stress makes you simply throw in the towel and order takeout food for dinner.
Cooking should be enjoyable, and having a clean, well-organized kitchen in your Toronto home is the best way to make it so. The experts at Kitchen and Bath know this and they’re masters at knowing how to organize space in order to maximize your kitchen. Here are a few remodelling tips to keep in mind—ways to help your kitchen flow nicely and turn preparing dinner into a dream, rather than a chore.
Trade Traditional Cabinets for Drawers
Pull-out drawers with a variety of helpful storage shelves and Lazy Susans are quickly replacing clunky cabinets with standard shelves. There are pull-out drawers with swivel shelves for bowls and cookware. Instead of a regular spice rack, install a spice rack drawer with helpful shelves that tilt the bottles to just the right angle.
Don’t forget those corner cabinets! Even where a drawer won’t fit, you can place a cabinet with half-moon pull-out shelves that are shaped perfectly to fully take advantage of every inch of storage space. Remember to use your under-sink space, as well—install a pull-out organizer for all of your cleaners.
Clutter Takes a Toll
When your kitchenhttps://kitchenandbath.ca/kitchen-cabinets-toronto/redoing-your-kitchen-cabinets-5-trends-to-know-about/ counters are cluttered, it slows down your ability to get things done. It’s hard to be able to cook dinner efficiently when you’re having to shift the mixer out of your way and scoot the toaster to the side. Clutter can also have an emotional impact, making us feel overwhelmed. For appliances that you use somewhat regularly, a cabinet with electrical outlets and lighting installed inside is the perfect solution. Simply open it up, use the small appliances stashed inside, and then close them away again.
Create Additional Storage with an Island
One of the best ways Toronto homeowners find additional kitchen storage is to make it—by adding an island during their remodel. Islands look great, they can be rigged with electrical and plumbing (in order to accommodate a sink, a stove, or appliances), and they have the potential to feature a huge amount of storage. Shelves, cabinets, or drawers—make it your own!
To Glass or Not to Glass?
If you’ve got a beautiful tea set or heirloom china from your grandmother, you probably want to show these pieces off. However, you don’t want to show off your toddler’s sippy cups or your chipped everyday plates. The good news is that you don’t have to go all-in with glass-front cabinets. You can install a few of them to show off choice items and choose wooden fronts for the rest of your cabinets—truly the best of both worlds!
Don’t Stack—Use a Rack
One of the most frustrating storage issues is having stacks of noisy, frustrating baking sheets and pizza pans. For thin items such as these, flip them sideways and use a divider to separate them from the rest of the cabinet. If you have a lot of them, use a rack to organize them.
These are just a few of the many ideas that can turn your kitchen from a storage nightmare into a culinary dream. Contact the team at Kitchen and Bath to schedule your free in-home consultation to find out how they can help you transform your kitchen.
Additional Articles about Kitchen Cabinets:
- 5 Storage Solutions for Kitchen Renovations
- All you Need to Know About Kitchen Cabinets
- DIY: Paint Kitchen Cabinets Like a Pro
- How to Get a Trendy Kitchen That Won’t Soon Be Outdated
- How to Select the Perfect Cabinet
- Important Questions to Ask When Shopping for Kitchen Cabinets
- Kitchen Cabinets: 7 Important Things to Know
- Kitchen Cabinets: You Don’t Have to Start from Scratch
- Kitchen Hardware
- Kitchen Remodelling: Cabinet Door Styles 101
- Light or Dark Kitchen Cabinets?
- Modern VS Old: Managing Contemporary Styles
- Redoing Your Kitchen Cabinets? 5 Trends to Know About
- Remodelling 101: Creating an Efficient Kitchen Space
- Shaker Cabinets: The Perfect Choice for All Kitchen Styles
- Should I Hire a Professional for My Kitchen Design?
- Simple Solutions for A Flawless Cabinet Installation
- Storage Solutions for Your Kitchen Made Simple
- The Benefits of Custom Designed Kitchen Cabinets
- Treasured Freatures: Cabinet Storage Trends in 2016
- Yes! You CAN Have Light Kitchen Cabinets and Dark Floors!
- What to Consider When Buying Kitchen Cabinets
- Kitchen Cabinets Designs: Which is Right for You
- Tips for Staining Kitchen Cabinets
- Cleaning and Caring for Kitchen Cabinets
- How to Choose Contractor for Kitchen Cabinet Installation
- Choosing Kitchen Cabinets: Stock or Custom
- Kitchen Cabinet Colour Schemes & Finishes
- Benefits of Ready to Assemble Kitchen Cabinets
- Tips for Choosing High Quality Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Timeless Colour Combos for your Kitchen cabinet
- 7 Ways to Maximize Storage Space in your Kitchen Cabinets
- 8 Mistakes you want to avoid while painting kitchen cabinets
- Choosing a Kitchen Cabinet Material: A Simple Guide
- Budgeting for your kitchen cabinets
- Cabinet Door Styles to spruce up your kitchen
- Painting your Kitchen cabinets
- The A2Z of Kitchen Cabinetry – Part 1
- The A2Z of Kitchen Cabinetry – Part 2
- The Complete Guide to Refacing your Kitchen Cabinets
- Things to ask your Custom Kitchen Cabinet Maker
- Care and Maintenance Tips for Your Kitchen Cabinets
- Adding More Cabinets to Your Kitchen
- Re-facing Your Tired Kitchen Cabinets
- Painting Your Kitchen Cabinets to Update the Look
- Why You Need to Update Your Kitchen Cabinets
- The Best Way to Clean Your Kitchen Cabinets
- Refreshing Your Kitchen Cabinets
- Ways to Update Your Kitchen Cabinets
- Are You Getting the Most Out of Your Kitchen Cabinet Space
- Are Your Kitchen Cabinets Making Your Kitchen Look Old and Drab
- Benefits of Choosing Custom Kitchen Cabinets
- Add 5 These Features to Your Kitchen Cabinets
- Painting Your Kitchen Cabinets Doesn’t Have to Be Hard: Tips to Help
- Learn How to Paint Your Kitchen Cabinets: The 101 Guide
- Your Kitchen Cabinet Buying Checklist
- Your Kitchen Cabinet Guide: What to Know and Look For
- Signs You Need to Replace Your Cabinets and Not Reface Them
- Beautiful Kitchen Cabinets: Door and Drawer Options
- Things to Consider When Choosing Kitchen Cabinet Pulls and Knobs