We all love a white kitchen. Clean, fresh and timeless, it’s a no brainer. And it’s marketable too.
But, if you are planning a kitchen remodel, then there are ways in which colour can be used to accentuate the visual appeal.
Twin colour cabinets are a great way to add some eye candy to an otherwise monotone decor. And you need not get overwhelmed for selecting the colour palette either. Today, we bring to you 7 timeless colour combinations to choose from for your kitchen cabinetry.
Twin Shades, Same Colour
Using different shades of the same colour is a win-win situation. Be it shades of blue or muted colour tones, you can play with lighter shades for the upper cabinets and darker shades for the base cabinets and drawers. With the right backsplash and the countertop, the kitchen looks smart, attractive and trendy. Some examples are deep blue and sky blue, lemon and lime.
Red and Green
Thinking about Christmas already? You can choose soft and muted tones of red and green which are in trend in 2016. Be it brick red or barn red, red can really warm up the room. Research also suggests that red can stimulate your appetite. Bon Appetit! Complement it with sage green or spring green cabinets and you have a stylish looking kitchen that will look good for years to come.
White with Bold
If you are a fan of bold colour schemes, then by all means go for it. You can use bold coloured cabinets to good effect with a predominantly white kitchen. A center island and base cabinets under the counter are some places where bold colours can stand out and hold court. It can really bring the design to life. When it comes to colour combinations, you can be as creative as you would like to. From rich red to leaf green and even aquamarine, there are an abundance of colours which blend perfectly with white.
Red and Black
As aforementioned, red can really warm up the room. What better way to make a dramatic statement than add some black to it. Black cabinet doors can be used for the upper cabinetry while red can be used for the island. Pair it with a light coloured backsplash and a cararra marble countertop. You have a colour palette that will grab eyeballs.
Muted and Bright
Muted and neutral shades like gray can really carry the aesthetics on their own. But you can create a stunning focal point by adding a bright colour like orange to it. Once again, the island is a great place to showcase the bright colour. You can also add some depth to the cabinets by painting the interiors of any open shelves with a slightly lighter hue of the same colour.
All these colour combinations are only examples of what you can achieve with your kitchen cabinets remodel. There are many more choices and you can consult your contractor or look up online for more inspirations.
Additional Articles about Kitchen Cabinets:
- 5 Storage Solutions for Kitchen Renovations
- All you Need to Know About Kitchen Cabinets
- DIY: Paint Kitchen Cabinets Like a Pro
- How to Get a Trendy Kitchen That Won’t Soon Be Outdated
- How to Select the Perfect Cabinet
- Important Questions to Ask When Shopping for Kitchen Cabinets
- Kitchen Cabinets: 7 Important Things to Know
- Kitchen Cabinets: You Don’t Have to Start from Scratch
- Kitchen Hardware
- Kitchen Remodelling: Cabinet Door Styles 101
- Light or Dark Kitchen Cabinets?
- Modern VS Old: Managing Contemporary Styles
- Redoing Your Kitchen Cabinets? 5 Trends to Know About
- Remodelling 101: Creating an Efficient Kitchen Space
- Shaker Cabinets: The Perfect Choice for All Kitchen Styles
- Should I Hire a Professional for My Kitchen Design?
- Simple Solutions for A Flawless Cabinet Installation
- Storage Solutions for Your Kitchen Made Simple
- The Benefits of Custom Designed Kitchen Cabinets
- Treasured Freatures: Cabinet Storage Trends in 2016
- Yes! You CAN Have Light Kitchen Cabinets and Dark Floors!
- What to Consider When Buying Kitchen Cabinets
- Kitchen Cabinets Designs: Which is Right for You
- Tips for Staining Kitchen Cabinets
- Cleaning and Caring for Kitchen Cabinets
- How to Choose Contractor for Kitchen Cabinet Installation
- Choosing Kitchen Cabinets: Stock or Custom
- Kitchen Cabinet Colour Schemes & Finishes
- Benefits of Ready to Assemble Kitchen Cabinets
- Tips for Choosing High Quality Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Timeless Colour Combos for your Kitchen cabinet
- 7 Ways to Maximize Storage Space in your Kitchen Cabinets
- 8 Mistakes you want to avoid while painting kitchen cabinets
- Choosing a Kitchen Cabinet Material: A Simple Guide
- Budgeting for your kitchen cabinets
- Cabinet Door Styles to spruce up your kitchen
- Painting your Kitchen cabinets
- The A2Z of Kitchen Cabinetry – Part 1
- The A2Z of Kitchen Cabinetry – Part 2
- The Complete Guide to Refacing your Kitchen Cabinets
- Things to ask your Custom Kitchen Cabinet Maker
- Care and Maintenance Tips for Your Kitchen Cabinets
- Adding More Cabinets to Your Kitchen
- Re-facing Your Tired Kitchen Cabinets
- Painting Your Kitchen Cabinets to Update the Look
- Why You Need to Update Your Kitchen Cabinets
- The Best Way to Clean Your Kitchen Cabinets
- Refreshing Your Kitchen Cabinets
- Ways to Update Your Kitchen Cabinets
- Are You Getting the Most Out of Your Kitchen Cabinet Space
- Are Your Kitchen Cabinets Making Your Kitchen Look Old and Drab
- Benefits of Choosing Custom Kitchen Cabinets
- Add 5 These Features to Your Kitchen Cabinets
- Painting Your Kitchen Cabinets Doesn’t Have to Be Hard: Tips to Help
- Learn How to Paint Your Kitchen Cabinets: The 101 Guide
- Your Kitchen Cabinet Buying Checklist
- Your Kitchen Cabinet Guide: What to Know and Look For
- Signs You Need to Replace Your Cabinets and Not Reface Them
- Beautiful Kitchen Cabinets: Door and Drawer Options
- Things to Consider When Choosing Kitchen Cabinet Pulls and Knobs