Home owners are busier now than ever before, and kitchen-based tasks like cooking, cleaning up, and storing items is a never-ending challenge. Innovations in cabinet storage just get better with time, and many of today’s available kitchen cabinet features are items that were once available only on custom-designed cabinets.
There’s a new age in kitchen cabinet storage. What kitchen mavens want most of all is convenience. Easy accessibility to the most useful and necessary kitchen items is a treasured feature. To meet with storage and accessibility woes, kitchen designers have come up with some excellent solutions. Read on to learn more about the best ideas in kitchen storage.
With a greater emphasis now on home cooking and nutritious, freshly cooked foods, the spice rack is a must have in any culinary environment. Tiered spice racks that hang next to the cooking area are a clever way to store and display spices and seasonings.
Stash the Trash
Waste baskets are an undeniable eyesore. Modern kitchen designs place more emphasis on where to dispose of trash with ease. Pull-out wastebaskets placed under counters and inside of cabinets are terrific when it comes to supplying easy access, while effectively concealing kitchen trash.
Built-in Wine Storage
There’s no need to purchase an over-sized bulky wine rack, when built-in racks can be placed in otherwise unused areas of the kitchen, such as corners and small spaces between cabinets and appliances.
If space is a limited commodity in your kitchen and you don’t have the room for a walk-in pantry, then maximize your cabinet space with pull-out pantry drawers. These clever items allow for easier access to items in the back of the cabinet.
Floating shelves are an aesthetically appealing storage solution. They break up the monotony of traditional cabinets and serve as spaces on which to display cookbooks and colourful dishware or appliances.
In the past, divided utensil drawers could only be found in custom-built cabinetry. They are now available for stock purchase, and they are an inexpensive way to avoid the clutter of drawers filled with utensil assortments.
Lazy Susans are beginning to make a comeback as designers begin to recognize their ability to offer accessibility to previously hard-to-reach spaces in cabinets.
Hidden storage is indispensable, and narrow pull-out cabinets tucked away behind a built-in kitchen feature are great for storing bottles of spices and condiments. These strategically placed slim spaces within cabinets are excellent for stashing cutting boards too.
Tray Divider Pull-outs
Cookie sheets and baking pans can be conveniently stored in cabinets fitted with tray divider pull-outs. This unique creation makes easy and convenient to store your favorite bakeware.
Utilizing Corner Space
Once ignored and considered wasted space, corners have become useful in the kitchen. Corner drawer cabinets are a great option and an ingenious way to expand previously abandoned spaces. Some corner cabinets can be outfitted with revolving shelves and baskets that make it easy to access goods and appliances at the back of cabinets.
In smaller kitchens, space is an undeniable premium, so it is vital to make every inch count. Adjustable racks placed on doors are an innovative way to store seasonings and oils, which also benefit from the easy accessibility.
Cleverly Placed Towel Bars
Clean up is the least popular of all kitchen chores, but the days of stashing towels in inconvenient places is over. Attach towel bars to the inside doors of cabinets to create a convenient place to keep dish towels out of the way, yet simple to reach.
Additional Articles about Kitchen Cabinets:
- 5 Storage Solutions for Kitchen Renovations
- All you Need to Know About Kitchen Cabinets
- DIY: Paint Kitchen Cabinets Like a Pro
- How to Get a Trendy Kitchen That Won’t Soon Be Outdated
- How to Select the Perfect Cabinet
- Important Questions to Ask When Shopping for Kitchen Cabinets
- Kitchen Cabinets: 7 Important Things to Know
- Kitchen Cabinets: You Don’t Have to Start from Scratch
- Kitchen Hardware
- Kitchen Remodelling: Cabinet Door Styles 101
- Light or Dark Kitchen Cabinets?
- Modern VS Old: Managing Contemporary Styles
- Redoing Your Kitchen Cabinets? 5 Trends to Know About
- Remodelling 101: Creating an Efficient Kitchen Space
- Shaker Cabinets: The Perfect Choice for All Kitchen Styles
- Should I Hire a Professional for My Kitchen Design?
- Simple Solutions for A Flawless Cabinet Installation
- Storage Solutions for Your Kitchen Made Simple
- The Benefits of Custom Designed Kitchen Cabinets
- Treasured Freatures: Cabinet Storage Trends in 2016
- Yes! You CAN Have Light Kitchen Cabinets and Dark Floors!
- What to Consider When Buying Kitchen Cabinets
- Kitchen Cabinets Designs: Which is Right for You
- Tips for Staining Kitchen Cabinets
- Cleaning and Caring for Kitchen Cabinets
- How to Choose Contractor for Kitchen Cabinet Installation
- Choosing Kitchen Cabinets: Stock or Custom
- Kitchen Cabinet Colour Schemes & Finishes
- Benefits of Ready to Assemble Kitchen Cabinets
- Tips for Choosing High Quality Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Timeless Colour Combos for your Kitchen cabinet
- 7 Ways to Maximize Storage Space in your Kitchen Cabinets
- 8 Mistakes you want to avoid while painting kitchen cabinets
- Choosing a Kitchen Cabinet Material: A Simple Guide
- Budgeting for your kitchen cabinets
- Cabinet Door Styles to spruce up your kitchen
- Painting your Kitchen cabinets
- The A2Z of Kitchen Cabinetry – Part 1
- The A2Z of Kitchen Cabinetry – Part 2
- The Complete Guide to Refacing your Kitchen Cabinets
- Things to ask your Custom Kitchen Cabinet Maker
- Care and Maintenance Tips for Your Kitchen Cabinets
- Adding More Cabinets to Your Kitchen
- Re-facing Your Tired Kitchen Cabinets
- Painting Your Kitchen Cabinets to Update the Look
- Why You Need to Update Your Kitchen Cabinets
- The Best Way to Clean Your Kitchen Cabinets
- Refreshing Your Kitchen Cabinets
- Ways to Update Your Kitchen Cabinets
- Are You Getting the Most Out of Your Kitchen Cabinet Space
- Are Your Kitchen Cabinets Making Your Kitchen Look Old and Drab
- Benefits of Choosing Custom Kitchen Cabinets
- Add 5 These Features to Your Kitchen Cabinets
- Painting Your Kitchen Cabinets Doesn’t Have to Be Hard: Tips to Help
- Learn How to Paint Your Kitchen Cabinets: The 101 Guide
- Your Kitchen Cabinet Buying Checklist
- Your Kitchen Cabinet Guide: What to Know and Look For
- Signs You Need to Replace Your Cabinets and Not Reface Them
- Beautiful Kitchen Cabinets: Door and Drawer Options
- Things to Consider When Choosing Kitchen Cabinet Pulls and Knobs