Now that you have settled on the material and colour for your kitchen cabinets, it is time to start thinking about the pulls and knobs. Just when you thought the decision-making process was over, it comes back!
Your knobs and pulls are more important than you may know because they help bring the entire look of your kitchen together and they can add a touch of elegance to even the simplest kitchen cabinet choices.
Below, we will go over some things you need to consider as you start to look for your kitchen cabinet pulls and knobs.
- Think about Your Cabinet Finish
When you start to browse through the different knobs and pulls available, you may be leaning more toward one type over another, but you should not make the decision without first thinking about how the finish of your cabinets will match with the chosen knobs and pulls.
For example, if you have white kitchen cabinets or a light-coloured finish on your cabinets, you may find that chrome and brass options work better than others. This is because they present a beautiful contrast in your kitchen.
- Hardware Should Match the Cabinet Finish
If the hardware for your kitchen cabinets is exposed, you should make sure that it matches your chosen colour and finish for the cabinet knobs and pulls. You do not want to have mismatched finishes throughout your kitchen as they will clash and look messier rather than pulled together.
- Touch the Material and Try Using It
Before you add a knob or pull to all of your kitchen cabinets, try it out first. For instance, purchase a single knob or pull of the one you like and then attach it to your kitchen cabinet. Try using it a couple of times to see how it feels in your hand and how easy it is to use. If you find that it is too difficult, you know that you need to pick a different one. Remember, the knob or pull you choose should be comfortable in your hand and easy to use.
- Use a Variety
If you do not want to settle on a single choice for all of your kitchen cabinets, then you can mix and match both knobs and pulls throughout your kitchen. If you do choose this option, make sure that you use knobs on the small cabinet doors and then pulls on the larger cabinet drawers.
- Don’t Fall for a Trend
When it comes to adding knobs and pulls to your kitchen cabinets, you do not want to fall into the trap of choosing only what is trendy. Yes, those knobs may look nice, but what happens when the trend is over two years from now? Your kitchen will be stuck in that trend while everything else progresses forward. To help you avoid this, choose timeless pieces or pieces that you truly love as opposed to what is popular at the time.
If you are ready to choose knobs and pulls for your kitchen cabinets, the professionals at Kitchen & Bath can help you.
Additional Articles about Kitchen Cabinets:
- 5 Storage Solutions for Kitchen Renovations
- All you Need to Know About Kitchen Cabinets
- DIY: Paint Kitchen Cabinets Like a Pro
- How to Get a Trendy Kitchen That Won’t Soon Be Outdated
- How to Select the Perfect Cabinet
- Important Questions to Ask When Shopping for Kitchen Cabinets
- Kitchen Cabinets: 7 Important Things to Know
- Kitchen Cabinets: You Don’t Have to Start from Scratch
- Kitchen Hardware
- Kitchen Remodelling: Cabinet Door Styles 101
- Light or Dark Kitchen Cabinets?
- Modern VS Old: Managing Contemporary Styles
- Redoing Your Kitchen Cabinets? 5 Trends to Know About
- Remodelling 101: Creating an Efficient Kitchen Space
- Shaker Cabinets: The Perfect Choice for All Kitchen Styles
- Should I Hire a Professional for My Kitchen Design?
- Simple Solutions for A Flawless Cabinet Installation
- Storage Solutions for Your Kitchen Made Simple
- The Benefits of Custom Designed Kitchen Cabinets
- Treasured Freatures: Cabinet Storage Trends in 2016
- Yes! You CAN Have Light Kitchen Cabinets and Dark Floors!
- What to Consider When Buying Kitchen Cabinets
- Kitchen Cabinets Designs: Which is Right for You
- Tips for Staining Kitchen Cabinets
- Cleaning and Caring for Kitchen Cabinets
- How to Choose Contractor for Kitchen Cabinet Installation
- Choosing Kitchen Cabinets: Stock or Custom
- Kitchen Cabinet Colour Schemes & Finishes
- Benefits of Ready to Assemble Kitchen Cabinets
- Tips for Choosing High Quality Kitchen Cabinets
- 7 Timeless Colour Combos for your Kitchen cabinet
- 7 Ways to Maximize Storage Space in your Kitchen Cabinets
- 8 Mistakes you want to avoid while painting kitchen cabinets
- Choosing a Kitchen Cabinet Material: A Simple Guide
- Budgeting for your kitchen cabinets
- Cabinet Door Styles to spruce up your kitchen
- Painting your Kitchen cabinets
- The A2Z of Kitchen Cabinetry – Part 1
- The A2Z of Kitchen Cabinetry – Part 2
- The Complete Guide to Refacing your Kitchen Cabinets
- Things to ask your Custom Kitchen Cabinet Maker
- Care and Maintenance Tips for Your Kitchen Cabinets
- Adding More Cabinets to Your Kitchen
- Re-facing Your Tired Kitchen Cabinets
- Painting Your Kitchen Cabinets to Update the Look
- Why You Need to Update Your Kitchen Cabinets
- The Best Way to Clean Your Kitchen Cabinets
- Refreshing Your Kitchen Cabinets
- Ways to Update Your Kitchen Cabinets
- Are You Getting the Most Out of Your Kitchen Cabinet Space
- Are Your Kitchen Cabinets Making Your Kitchen Look Old and Drab
- Benefits of Choosing Custom Kitchen Cabinets
- Add 5 These Features to Your Kitchen Cabinets
- Painting Your Kitchen Cabinets Doesn’t Have to Be Hard: Tips to Help
- Learn How to Paint Your Kitchen Cabinets: The 101 Guide
- Your Kitchen Cabinet Buying Checklist
- Your Kitchen Cabinet Guide: What to Know and Look For
- Signs You Need to Replace Your Cabinets and Not Reface Them
- Beautiful Kitchen Cabinets: Door and Drawer Options
- Things to Consider When Choosing Kitchen Cabinet Pulls and Knobs