Redesigning Your Small Bathroom Space: Ideas to Consider
If you have a small bathroom space, you may find it difficult to figure out a renovation plan. Many times, this happens because you want one thing, but your space is just not big enough to make it happen. Other times, you want to make sure that you are not overdoing it and you want the design of your bathroom to marry the function of it.
Below, we will go over some ideas for you to consider when it comes time to begin decorating and remodeling your small bathroom area.
1. Have a Focal Point
Consider adding a main focal point to your bathroom. This focal area will draw in the eye of anyone entering the bathroom and your guests will pay less attention to the size of the space.
2. Mix and Match Elements
Your bathroom space does not have to be one single design and you can mix and match a few different designs to bring the whole look together.
For example, contrast is amazing and it will create a wonderful view in the bathroom. You can add in a soft chandelier or hanging pendant light to create the right amount of light. In addition to the light, your backdrop can be something such as a painting or even a mash up of woodwork to add some flare.
3. Have a Theme
You can create a theme in your bathroom and keep it simple at the same time. For instance, if your home has a Mediterranean feel to it, consider dressing up your bathroom with the same theme and style. You can use wallpaper, decorations, and paint to create an airy space that is light, fun, and bright.
4. Take Advantage of Natural Light
Who doesn’t love natural lighting? If you have windows in your bathroom, use them to your advantage and never simply shut them out. Grab a sheer curtain and place it over the window so that the right amount of light shines through. The sheer curtain allows you to have the right amount of privacy as well.
5. Choose Your Fixtures Well
When you are remodeling the interior of your bathroom, make sure you upgrade the fixtures. Whether your bathroom is small or large, your fixtures will speak volumes to your guests. You want to make sure that you are choosing some modern, show-stopping pieces that will add a touch of elegance and draw attention.
When it comes to remodeling your bathroom, if you are short on space, consider dressing up other areas of the bathroom and changing your décor to help enhance the space that you do have. Remember, a well-placed mirror, light colored paint, and new fixtures can elevate your bathroom instantly.
his option and you can choose to have a single handle or double handles.
Additional Articles about Bathroom Renovataions:
- 5 Tips to Turn Your Bathroom into a Home Spa
- Bathroom Fixtures: Choosing the Right Ones
- Bathroom Mold: Causes and Prevention
- Bathroom Remodel: Is There a Warranty?
- Bathroom Remodelling Do’s and Don’ts
- Bathroom Renovation Tips to Enjoy Your Experience
- Benefits of Installing a Walk- In Tub
- Costs to Remodel Your Bathroom
- Five Ways to Make Your Small Bathroom Seem Huge
- Frameless Shower Doors: The Benefits
- Future Bathroom Fixtures and Upgrades to Know About
- Have a Small Bathroom? Tips for Remodeling It
- How to Choose the Perfect Bathroom Vanity
- It Pays to Be Realistic: Your Bathroom Remodeling Plan
- It’s Your Choice: Types of Bathroom Faucets
- Keeping Your Bathroom Renovation Environmentally Friendly
- Master Bath Suite: You Need One
- Plan for Your Bathroom Remodel! Seriously, Plan for It
- Planning a Bathroom Renovation? Avoid These Common Mistakes
- Redesigning Your Small Bathroom Space: Ideas to Consider
- Remodelling Your Oakville/Mississauga Home? 5 Reasons to Install a Guest Bathroom
- The 411 on Bathroom Tile
- The Bathroom Renovation Trend You Shouldn’t Miss
- The Bathtub Conundrum: Keep It or Lose It?
- The True Cost of Remodeling Your Bathroom: Tile and All
- Time to Renovate! Bathroom Renovation Ideas for Any Home
- Timeless Tile Trends for Your Bathroom Renovation
- Tips for Choosing Bathroom Countertops