Keeping Your Bathroom Renovation Environmentally Friendly
When you think of a bathroom renovation, it is unlikely that you think about it being green. While it would be nice for all bathroom remodels to happen this way, they do not. However, there are some ways that you can ensure that your bathroom remodel is actually green. You will be saving the environment, making your home more efficient, and overall protecting your family.
Ready? Let’s explore some of the ways to make your renovation as green as can be.
What is a Green Home?
A green home is one that is environmentally-friendly and one that takes the family’s health into consideration. A green home will make sure that all power consumption and water use in the house is efficient along with making sure not to create too much additional waste or throw out food products.
Making Your Renovation Green
To make your bathroom renovation green, you will need to make sure that you are creating an atmosphere that promotes the environment. For example, you can install a variety of low-flow faucets or toilets to ensure that you do not use too much water throughout the day.
These low-flow fixtures help to conserve as much water as possible. In fact, the low-flow toilets can save you up to as much as several liters per flush. You will notice a decrease in your water bill, but you will also find that many of the toilets are still fashionable, so you will not be sacrificing look for functionality.
Next, when you are choosing your flooring or even the cabinets in your bathroom, you should choose recycled and renewable products. By choosing these options, you will be supporting your local forestry businesses and you will actually be minimizing your carbon footprint as well.
While you may think that these types of cabinets and flooring may not look as nice as other options, they actually do and you will not notice a difference. When you choose your materials, you also want to choose ones that do not use any harmful chemicals. Sometimes, the finish on the cabinetry can let off emissions from the chemicals in the stain and this harms the environment and pollutes the air around you.
Lastly, you can make your bathroom renovations green by choosing lighting and other appliances that are considered energy efficient. These items will usually be rated with an ENERGY STAR rating and you can see the average amount of money you will spend running these appliances on a yearly basis.
Final Thoughts on a Green Renovation
It is easy to make your bathroom green and there is no reason why you should not be able to have a green renovation, but make sure you let your local contractor know that it is your intention to do so.
Choosing items such as tile and ceramic will help to keep your bathroom green as well by weakening the chances of mold and mildew growth.
Remember, a green bathroom is a happy bathroom and you too can experience a stunning, functional bathroom that is environmentally friendly.
Additional Articles about Bathroom Renovataions:
- 5 Tips to Turn Your Bathroom into a Home Spa
- Bathroom Fixtures: Choosing the Right Ones
- Bathroom Mold: Causes and Prevention
- Bathroom Remodel: Is There a Warranty?
- Bathroom Remodelling Do’s and Don’ts
- Bathroom Renovation Tips to Enjoy Your Experience
- Benefits of Installing a Walk- In Tub
- Costs to Remodel Your Bathroom
- Five Ways to Make Your Small Bathroom Seem Huge
- Frameless Shower Doors: The Benefits
- Future Bathroom Fixtures and Upgrades to Know About
- Have a Small Bathroom? Tips for Remodeling It
- How to Choose the Perfect Bathroom Vanity
- It Pays to Be Realistic: Your Bathroom Remodeling Plan
- It’s Your Choice: Types of Bathroom Faucets
- Keeping Your Bathroom Renovation Environmentally Friendly
- Master Bath Suite: You Need One
- Plan for Your Bathroom Remodel! Seriously, Plan for It
- Planning a Bathroom Renovation? Avoid These Common Mistakes
- Redesigning Your Small Bathroom Space: Ideas to Consider
- Remodelling Your Oakville/Mississauga Home? 5 Reasons to Install a Guest Bathroom
- The 411 on Bathroom Tile
- The Bathroom Renovation Trend You Shouldn’t Miss
- The Bathtub Conundrum: Keep It or Lose It?
- The True Cost of Remodeling Your Bathroom: Tile and All
- Time to Renovate! Bathroom Renovation Ideas for Any Home
- Timeless Tile Trends for Your Bathroom Renovation
- Tips for Choosing Bathroom Countertops