Frameless Shower Doors: The Benefits
If you are unhappy with the way your bathroom shower stall looks, you do have a couple of different options to spice it up. If you are generally happy with the tiles and interior look of the shower stall, you can opt in for frameless shower doors, which will add a touch of elegance to any bathroom space.
Today’s modern showers have advanced ten-fold and you can now turn your personal area into a luxurious space that is welcoming and relaxing.
Frameless shower doors can best be explained as a tempered glass that does not require a frame to hold it up. For example, a traditional framed shower is made from thinner glass and then held in place and supported by a metal frame that outlines the glass. The frameless door option does not need a metal frame to be used and can standalone without additional support.
Below, we will go over some of the benefits of choosing a frameless shower door.
Benefit 1: Durability
Since the glass does not require a frame to stand upright, the glass is thicker and tempered for durability. This means that you do not have to worry about the glass shattering when you shut the door and you do not have to worry about the door deteriorating or coming loose over time.
Benefit 2: Easier to Clean
Since there is no frame, the doors are easier to clean. In addition, you do not have to worry about mold or mildew forming in the tracks of the frame, as there is no frame. You will be able to easily keep the door free from water spots and buildup of grime.
Benefit 3: No Overflow
If you have showered in a traditional framed shower, then you know that water sometimes leaks out onto the floor around the shower and you typically need to have a bathmat or towels to catch the mess.
With frameless shower doors you do not have to worry about the water falling out as the door create a seal. You will be able to shower without worrying about flooding the surrounding area at the same time.
Benefit 4: Opens Up Your Bathroom
If you are tired of your bathroom feeling and looking cramped, a frameless shower door can help open up the area and make your bathroom look larger. Combined with the right amount of lighting, you will instantly feel like your bathroom is no longer cramped.
Cons of a Frameless Shower Door
Of course, it would not be fair to include only the pros and benefits of a frameless shower door, so we much cover the cons too. The biggest and most noteworthy con to mention is that a frameless shower door is heavier than a traditional framed door. This is because the glass is thicker. You need to make sure that you are able to open and close the door without any struggle prior to having it installed.
If you are considering a frameless shower door, speak with your local bathroom remodeling contractor who can help you make the right decision.
Additional Articles about Bathroom Renovataions:
- 5 Tips to Turn Your Bathroom into a Home Spa
- Bathroom Fixtures: Choosing the Right Ones
- Bathroom Mold: Causes and Prevention
- Bathroom Remodel: Is There a Warranty?
- Bathroom Remodelling Do’s and Don’ts
- Bathroom Renovation Tips to Enjoy Your Experience
- Benefits of Installing a Walk- In Tub
- Costs to Remodel Your Bathroom
- Five Ways to Make Your Small Bathroom Seem Huge
- Frameless Shower Doors: The Benefits
- Future Bathroom Fixtures and Upgrades to Know About
- Have a Small Bathroom? Tips for Remodeling It
- How to Choose the Perfect Bathroom Vanity
- It Pays to Be Realistic: Your Bathroom Remodeling Plan
- It’s Your Choice: Types of Bathroom Faucets
- Keeping Your Bathroom Renovation Environmentally Friendly
- Master Bath Suite: You Need One
- Plan for Your Bathroom Remodel! Seriously, Plan for It
- Planning a Bathroom Renovation? Avoid These Common Mistakes
- Redesigning Your Small Bathroom Space: Ideas to Consider
- Remodelling Your Oakville/Mississauga Home? 5 Reasons to Install a Guest Bathroom
- The 411 on Bathroom Tile
- The Bathroom Renovation Trend You Shouldn’t Miss
- The Bathtub Conundrum: Keep It or Lose It?
- The True Cost of Remodeling Your Bathroom: Tile and All
- Time to Renovate! Bathroom Renovation Ideas for Any Home
- Timeless Tile Trends for Your Bathroom Renovation
- Tips for Choosing Bathroom Countertops