Costs to Remodel Your Bathroom
If you are ready to remodel your bathroom, you probably can’t wait for the renovations to commence. But, before you get too excited, you need to make sure that you are able to afford the renovation itself and that it fits within your budget.
When you start to pick and choose items to remodel your bathroom space, it is easy to spend above and beyond what you planned to. Below, we will go over some of the general costs that you need to keep in mind when it comes time to schedule your bathroom remodel.
1. Average Cost
When it comes to the cost, there are many different factors that you need to take into consideration, but as a general rule of thumb, you can expect to pay anywhere between $5,000 and $13,000 for a complete bathroom remodel.
There are some cases where you may spend less than the $5,000 or you may spend well over $13,000 depending on the options you choose.
2. Take Everything into Account
When you start to think about your bathroom space, consider what it is you want to change. Are you going for a complete remodel? Do you simply want a new shower? Do you need new cabinets?
Each one of these services costs money and will add costs to your overall price. For example, a new bathtub can cost you anywhere from $500 up to as much as $7,500. In addition, new cabinets will cost you somewhere between $1,200 and $15,000 depending on the material you choose.
3. Common Remodeling Ideas and Plans
Many homeowners get stuck on what they want to change in their bathroom, but they simply know they want to change something. One of the first things that people like to alter is the layout of the bathroom. This type of renovation would be the most expensive as the entire bathroom will be altered. Typically, you will find that with a complete layout change, the wiring, plumbing, fixtures, and flooring need to be changed to accommodate your wants.
If you are not looking to change the actual layout, you may be looking to change some of the bathroom fixtures. This includes the tub or shower stall, toilet, sink, countertops, and anything similar. You will not be able to change the location of where the fixtures are without a layout change, but you can upgrade the fixtures to newer models.
Lastly, you can have the plumbing and electrical wiring checked and replaced. Over time, your plumbing may go sour or a burst pipe may cause you a headache. Typically, this project can be done as a standalone project or in addition to a current project.
Final Thoughts on Bathroom Remodel Costs
When it comes time to go over the cost of your new bathroom remodel, you need to remember that the fancier the product or material, the more you will pay out of pocket. In addition, you need to factor in the cost for labor as your contractors are not going to work for free.
A bathroom remodel can completely change your bathroom space, which will allow you to enjoy it more!
Additional Articles about Bathroom Renovataions:
- 5 Tips to Turn Your Bathroom into a Home Spa
- Bathroom Fixtures: Choosing the Right Ones
- Bathroom Mold: Causes and Prevention
- Bathroom Remodel: Is There a Warranty?
- Bathroom Remodelling Do’s and Don’ts
- Bathroom Renovation Tips to Enjoy Your Experience
- Benefits of Installing a Walk- In Tub
- Costs to Remodel Your Bathroom
- Five Ways to Make Your Small Bathroom Seem Huge
- Frameless Shower Doors: The Benefits
- Future Bathroom Fixtures and Upgrades to Know About
- Have a Small Bathroom? Tips for Remodeling It
- How to Choose the Perfect Bathroom Vanity
- It Pays to Be Realistic: Your Bathroom Remodeling Plan
- It’s Your Choice: Types of Bathroom Faucets
- Keeping Your Bathroom Renovation Environmentally Friendly
- Master Bath Suite: You Need One
- Plan for Your Bathroom Remodel! Seriously, Plan for It
- Planning a Bathroom Renovation? Avoid These Common Mistakes
- Redesigning Your Small Bathroom Space: Ideas to Consider
- Remodelling Your Oakville/Mississauga Home? 5 Reasons to Install a Guest Bathroom
- The 411 on Bathroom Tile
- The Bathroom Renovation Trend You Shouldn’t Miss
- The Bathtub Conundrum: Keep It or Lose It?
- The True Cost of Remodeling Your Bathroom: Tile and All
- Time to Renovate! Bathroom Renovation Ideas for Any Home
- Timeless Tile Trends for Your Bathroom Renovation
- Tips for Choosing Bathroom Countertops