Bathroom Remodel: Is There a Warranty?
If you are considering remodeling your bathroom space, you may be concerned about whether or not the work is covered and if so, how long it is covered for. One of the worst things that could happen would be to shell out $20,000 or more for a bathroom renovation to learn that it was done wrong and you are not covered.
What Type of Warranty Is Offered?
Typically, the type of warranty that is offered with a bathroom remodel is a work warranty of up to a year. Sometimes, the warranty may be shorter or longer depending on the contractor and the company that you use.
It is important that you investigate just how long the warranty is because you do not want to be left with a mess on your hands, if something does go wrong. In addition, a good contractor or contracting company will offer you some type of peace of mind.
The length of the warranty should be one that you are happy with as well. For example, if the company only offers a six-month warranty, but you were looking for a two-year warranty, keep shopping around until you find what you desire. Settling for less may mean that you are left disappointed in the end.
One last thing to also consider is whether or not the fixtures that you are purchasing come with a warranty or not. Often times, manufacturers will offer a warranty on their product. For instance, when you purchase a new toilet, you may have a year guarantee that comes along with the purchase, so make sure to collect all of the information and paperwork you need to file a claim in case your toilet breaks, cracks, or does not perform.
Never Take a Verbal Guarantee
One of the most important things that you can do for yourself is to get the warranty in writing. It has not been unheard of for a contractor to verbally tell a homeowner that there is a warranty, but once a problem arises, the contractor either denies he/she said it or is nowhere to be found.
You should never be ashamed to ask for the warranty in writing either as it will protect and cover both you and the contractor. In fact, all trustworthy and credible contractors WILL provide this without any hesitation or problem.
Once the warranty is in writing, read over it to make sure that it addresses all of the points you want it to. If you and the contractor discussed an item being covered and you do not see it on the contract, ask about it.
Is Anything NOT Covered?
Yes. There are some items that are not covered by your contractor and he or she will make those things clear to you. For example, if you choose to go through your own supplier for the fixtures and one breaks, the contractor would not replace, and so on.
If you are getting ready to have a bathroom remodel performed, make sure that you are covering your bases and that all warranties are in writing.
Additional Articles about Bathroom Renovataions:
- 5 Tips to Turn Your Bathroom into a Home Spa
- Bathroom Fixtures: Choosing the Right Ones
- Bathroom Mold: Causes and Prevention
- Bathroom Remodel: Is There a Warranty?
- Bathroom Remodelling Do’s and Don’ts
- Bathroom Renovation Tips to Enjoy Your Experience
- Benefits of Installing a Walk- In Tub
- Costs to Remodel Your Bathroom
- Five Ways to Make Your Small Bathroom Seem Huge
- Frameless Shower Doors: The Benefits
- Future Bathroom Fixtures and Upgrades to Know About
- Have a Small Bathroom? Tips for Remodeling It
- How to Choose the Perfect Bathroom Vanity
- It Pays to Be Realistic: Your Bathroom Remodeling Plan
- It’s Your Choice: Types of Bathroom Faucets
- Keeping Your Bathroom Renovation Environmentally Friendly
- Master Bath Suite: You Need One
- Plan for Your Bathroom Remodel! Seriously, Plan for It
- Planning a Bathroom Renovation? Avoid These Common Mistakes
- Redesigning Your Small Bathroom Space: Ideas to Consider
- Remodelling Your Oakville/Mississauga Home? 5 Reasons to Install a Guest Bathroom
- The 411 on Bathroom Tile
- The Bathroom Renovation Trend You Shouldn’t Miss
- The Bathtub Conundrum: Keep It or Lose It?
- The True Cost of Remodeling Your Bathroom: Tile and All
- Time to Renovate! Bathroom Renovation Ideas for Any Home
- Timeless Tile Trends for Your Bathroom Renovation
- Tips for Choosing Bathroom Countertops