The ultimate form of relaxation is spending a quiet day getting pampered at a spa. Soaking in a bubbling hot tub, opening up your pores in a sauna, smelling the soothing scents, and relaxing to soft music in luxurious surroundings makes the spa experience one that people want to recreate at home by opting to have a bathroom renovation in the Oakville/Mississauga area.
Believe it or not, you can recreate that spa experience at home without spending a fortune. By making some creative changes to your master bathroom, you can turn it into a spa-like sanctuary where you can pamper yourself at the end of a stressful day. Here are our tips to take your space from basic bathroom to serene spa.
- When Choosing Colours, Keep Nature in Mind
If you think of the colours you typically see in a spa environment, you’ll realize that they are all typically soothing, muted tones. They’re also all usually colours that you can find in nature. Soft off-white and cream colours are reminiscent of sand and stone. Sea foam green and light blue calls in the waters and the skies. Lighter tones of gray and brown bring in a feel of stone and wood. These colours help relax our eyes, as well as our minds.
- When Possible, Use Natural Elements
Another way to bring nature inside is to use materials that are (or at least seem) natural. If you’re transforming your bathroom on a budget, natural stone may be a bit expensive, but there are tile versions that look amazing. Another bathroom-friendly option? Tiles that resemble the look and grain of real wood. These work well on floors, as well as in bath and shower areas—much better than real wood, in fact, as you don’t have to worry about them water-logging or warping.
- Invest in the Big Things
If you do change out large fixtures such as your bathtub or shower, let that be where you spend your money. If possible, a jetted or soaking tub will greatly boost your bathroom spa experience. If you’re remodelling your shower, consider installing a walk-in shower that is completely glassed in. This will open up your bathroom, making it flow much better. Consider taking the glass all the way up to turn it into a steam shower and you’ll have a home sauna waiting anytime you want!
- Lighting Matters
There’s nothing less spa-like than walking into the bathroom, flipping the light switch, and being blinded by glaring, white lights. It’s easy to have dimmer switches installed that allow you to control the level of lighting. If you need lots of light to apply makeup or tweeze your eyebrows, simply turn it all the way up. For a quiet soak in the tub, turn the lights down, take a deep breath, and just relax. It’s best to have a professional bathroom renovation in the Oakville/ Mississauga area do this work for you to ensure that the wiring is installed safely and properly.
- Little Things Make a Big Difference
Turning your bathroom into a spa isn’t just about big things such as putting in a new shower or buying a new bathtub. Simply installing a massaging shower head can transform your daily shower routine from a utility to a luxury. Sprinkle essential oils around the edge of your shower before you turn on the hot water and enjoy the heavenly scents as the steam carries them upwards. Bring a waterproof Bluetooth speaker into the bathroom and play soothing music as you relax there. In addition to all of this, make an effort to keep your bathroom free of clutter so that when you enter it, you feel a sense of calm, rather than feeling stressed. Accent it with strategically-placed, rolled-up towels and washcloths.
These tips—both big and small—will put you on the path to a spa bathroom that you can enjoy every single day. For more ideas about what can be done with your space, contact the team at Kitchen and Bath at (905) 581-3762. They’ll schedule a visit to your Oakville or Mississauga-area home for a free consultation to see how to help you design the bathroom you’ve always wanted.
Additional Articles about Bathroom Renovataions:
- 5 Tips to Turn Your Bathroom into a Home Spa
- Bathroom Fixtures: Choosing the Right Ones
- Bathroom Mold: Causes and Prevention
- Bathroom Remodel: Is There a Warranty?
- Bathroom Remodelling Do’s and Don’ts
- Bathroom Renovation Tips to Enjoy Your Experience
- Benefits of Installing a Walk- In Tub
- Costs to Remodel Your Bathroom
- Five Ways to Make Your Small Bathroom Seem Huge
- Frameless Shower Doors: The Benefits
- Future Bathroom Fixtures and Upgrades to Know About
- Have a Small Bathroom? Tips for Remodeling It
- How to Choose the Perfect Bathroom Vanity
- It Pays to Be Realistic: Your Bathroom Remodeling Plan
- It’s Your Choice: Types of Bathroom Faucets
- Keeping Your Bathroom Renovation Environmentally Friendly
- Master Bath Suite: You Need One
- Plan for Your Bathroom Remodel! Seriously, Plan for It
- Planning a Bathroom Renovation? Avoid These Common Mistakes
- Redesigning Your Small Bathroom Space: Ideas to Consider
- Remodelling Your Oakville/Mississauga Home? 5 Reasons to Install a Guest Bathroom
- The 411 on Bathroom Tile
- The Bathroom Renovation Trend You Shouldn’t Miss
- The Bathtub Conundrum: Keep It or Lose It?
- The True Cost of Remodeling Your Bathroom: Tile and All
- Time to Renovate! Bathroom Renovation Ideas for Any Home
- Timeless Tile Trends for Your Bathroom Renovation
- Tips for Choosing Bathroom Countertops